Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Bye, Summer...Hello, Fall

Summer lingered well into October this year, but our record setting 80s are over and blustery mid-50s are predicted for tomorrow. It was a comfortable 74 today and sunny, but 25+ mph wind gusts had the flags standing straight out and crackling in the wind and made for an interesting bike ride on the Millennium Trail. Going into the wind felt as if you weren't even moving when a big gust hit, and several times I had to counterbalance the effects of gusts to avoid being blown off the trail and bike. Dust was blowing in a few spots and made the ride challenging, too.

This guy, however, wasn't deterred by the wind as he sun bathed on the rail, apparently oblivious to my presence for some time.


Thursday I bike with the group, but I fear today was the final ride of the year wearing shorts and t-shirt. I'll miss you, Summer!

No comments: