Thursday, July 8, 2010

Reunion with Martin

I spend a most enjoyable 3 hours with Martin, a former student of mine at Fremd over 2 decades ago. I had the pleasure of having him in class twice during his 4 years of high school, and when we reconnected last year via Facebook, we agreed we'd have to get together some time -- which turned out to be today. He came over and we biked 14 miles on the Millennium Trail for 90 minutes, and he did fine though he admitted he hadn't been on a bike in over a decade...



We caught up on life since Fremd and his circuitous route to becoming a high school teacher of Spanish and history himself, which included a stint working at Fratello's Hot Dogs as a manager, in honor of which we ate lunch at his old employer which happens to be near my house and also happens to be my favorite hot dog joint. Martin even ran into a former fellow-employee still working there. Here we are back at my place...



Wonderful reunion!!!

No comments: