Friday, November 12, 2010

Biking and Hiking and Family

Been a bit busy lately and hence lax at posting, so here's a "catch-up" post. I drove Mom and Linda to a family funeral in Louisville, and though Aunt Mary's passing was sad, we celebrated her 90 years of life and had a wonderful reunion with Uncle Otto and our cousins...


...and also got caught up with three of their cousins whom I hadn't seen in 40 years, and Mom got to visit her with dear childhood friend...


I've been biking as the weather has allowed and have set a new personal record in annual mileage with over 2500 miles and am still getting rides in as the temps allow. The elk in Busse Woods didn't seem to mind the weather...


...and when the temps drop below 50, our group cycles into hiking mode in our local preserves. Today we did 4+ miles in Crystal Lake's two preserves and then had lunch at Colonial and conversed for another hour...

2 comments:

janet said...

Hi Chuck! I just came across your blog, and intend to become a regular reader. It's nice to come across another bike enthusiast. I started a project this last summer to bike all the Wisconsin bike touring trails, and am blogging about it.
http://trails-behind.blogspot.com/
Happy Trails!
--Janet

Chuck said...

Hi, Janet -- I love your blog and wish you well in your goal of biking all of WI's bike trails. I've done 9 up there in WI and will add to that total next year. I've been at this a bunch of years now and have biked trails all over the country as I travel -- 89 trails thus far -- in addition to 30+ trails I've biked around my home in suburban Chicagoland. My other blog which chronicles all my biking as well as all my backpacks and paddle trips and more and can be found at http://bikehikepaddle.blogspot.com/

Happy trails to you!