Thursday, July 21, 2011

Early Morning Bike Rides

With this hot spell of 6 days above 90 degrees, I've been starting my 20 mile bike rides on the Millennium and Ft. Hill Trails before 6:30 in the morning. I've been surprised by how many others have had the same idea -- walkers, runners, and other bikers -- but a nice side benefit is seeing more wildlife that early, including deer, sandhill cranes, swans, great whites and great blues, red-tailed hawks, to name a few...




...and here's a favorite view of mine from the loop trail in the former Four Winds Golf Course property on the Ft. Hill Trail...

2 comments:

ellen w. said...

Hey, that third pic is mine! I took the same one when you three left me at the pond. it's my favorite too.

Chuck said...

I have several of these -- one taken each year about this time the last 3 years. I think it's the prettiest place on the old golf course. They are building an underpass this year to go under Gilmer Rd. and connect to a 3 mile loop they are also building this year in Ray Lake Preserve. I've "previewed" the loop 3 times now since it is almost finished -- a nice addition to the Ft Hill Trail.