Tuesday, August 22, 2017

2017 Total Eclipse of the Sun

I was in Chattanooga, Tennessee, for a Sierra Club volunteer service project for local Audubon Society. Our leader, Cheryl, a local resident, took us up to her mountaintop community about an hour out of town. Her neighbors had a big potluck party going and welcomed us warmly as we awaited the eclipse. I experimented and found I could photograph through my eclipse glasses and get fairly decent photos of the stages of the eclipse and here they are.





Almost there!



Totality as seen without the glasses:



...and through the glasses:




I'm not sure what the red artifacts are in both photos, but someone using a pinhole box took a photo of the image in the box and her photo (though black and white since it was just a reflection of what was occurring) also had dots where the red circles are.

Here's our group safely viewing the event...



No comments: