Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Ohio's Sciota River Greenway Trail

This 10 mile paved multi-use trail is one of the oldest rail-trails in the state. It runs along the namesake river, connecting parks, linking to other trails, and recently bringing riders right into the new downtown Columbus riverfront revitalization project. I parked at Confluence Park where the Sciota and Olentangy Rivers meet. My intention had been to bike the longer Olentangy River Trail but I never found it. Since the trail signage said I was on the Sciota Trail, I biked it.

Though I could hear civilization's sounds in the form of motor vehicle noise constantly, there were numerous places where I felt I was in the wilderness, often along the river...




...but also through sections of forest at times...





The trail is near the city center with expressways seemingly to be everywhere, and the trail goes under ramps and expressways numerous times as seen here... 



The trail also crosses the river at times, and here's a shot I got from a bridge looking down at a dam...



...and another photo of the river...




The trail takes you out to and along Dublin Road at one end, but I preferred the opposite end of the trail, the new section showcasing the downtown...







This downtown section has trail on both sides of the river...



No comments: