Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Church Signs #1

In my driving trips across all 50 states, I often spot clever, amusing, and thought-provoking signs in front of churches of all denominations, and long ago I began jotting them down. I'll gradually post them here for your entertainment and edification.

1. Worry is the darkroom in which negatives are developed.
2. Your attitude determines your altitude.
3. Don’t wait for 6 strong men to bring you here.
4. Free trip to heaven – details inside.
5. Spend thyme in church and become sage.
6. This is a ch_ _ ch. What’s missing? (U R)
7. Study the Bible. It’s user friendly.
8. Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.
9. The bread of life never gets stale.
10. Can’t sleep? Don’t count sheep. Talk to the shepherd.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I saw a great one recently. The marquis message read:

Sign broken. Come inside for message.