Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Comedy of Aaron Wilburn

Aaron Wilburn is one of those remarkable comedians who can get you laughing uproariously without using foul language or dirty stories or belittling his audience. His talents also include song-writing, garnering him Dove awards and Grammy nominations as well as exhibits in the Alabama Music Hall of Fame. His down-home humor and humility are evident when you compliment him on his act, and he then replies, "That's no act! That's who I am!" And Bill Gaither has discovered Aaron and included him on some of the Homecoming performances.

Here's one of his bits, concluding with his song, "If My Nose Was Running Money, I'd Blow it All on You!"



And here is his "Southern Ponderings"...



For more of his performances, go here.

Thanks to Goldenrod for introducing me to this performer, and she learned of him through Craig. Isn't is wonderful how this Internet business works!

1 comment:

Goldenrod said...

What fun, Chuck! Thanks so much for your wonderful post, which had so much more info for all of us to pursue and gather about this innovative man. I hope I get the chance to hear him in person one day.