Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 new Year's Resolutions

The tradition of New Year's Resolutions goes back to 153 B.C. The Romans named the first month of the year after the mythical king Janus (January), the god of beginnings and the guardian of doors and entrances. He was always depicted with two faces, one on the front of his head and one on the back, allowing him to peer backward and forward at the same time. Hence, Janus became the ancient symbol for resolutions.

Though I have never put stock in proclaiming what too often are merely temporary personal improvements, I relent now and begin the next decade with these lofty aspirations:


Get back into running shape...





Fix the shower knobs...






Get the money for that oft postponed nose job...






Try to always keep my head on my shoulders...





Get a few body piercings...





Make those electrical repairs I've been putting off..



Remember to purchase a new jack...




Finally fix that front bike tire...





Show more interest in others...




Be ever vigilant for angels...




Wish me luck!

Last year's resolutions are here.

No comments: