Thursday, March 6, 2014

Finally Back to Biking!

It's been the worst winter in decades in Chicagoland, and it seemed like forever before I left to make my annual escape to Florida, stopping in Louisville to visit family and get in a quick ride on the Loop Trail which now includes a ride up onto and over the old bridge over the Ohio River...



Then on to Tennessee to visit more family and a quick ride on the short but interesting Erwin Linear Trail...



Then to Gainesville, Florida where I met my cousin from Louisville and we biked 28 miles on the Gainesville-Hawthorne Trail...



And then to Orlando where we met again and biked 27 miles on the West Orange/Lake Mineola Trails...


...and enjoyed these Sandhill cranes having lunch.  It was a real pleasure to be biking in shorts and t-shirt again, too!


Now on to some of my other favorite Florida trails, and perhaps some new ones, too.

No comments: