Monday, July 9, 2007

Bambi X2

Got out for an hour ride again before the expected 90+ degree afternoon, and as I came around a bend in the Millennium Trail, I spotted a spotted critter in the tallgrass to the right of the trail and so I stopped. Moments later, probably since I posed no threat, this young fawn, emboldened by my stationary stance, stepped onto the trail, froze, and curiously studied me.



After a minute or two, she slowly ambled across the trail and into the grass and trees on the left side of the trail, presumably to join her mom who no doubt waited over there watching the episode. Needless to say, that made the entire ride worth it.

But then on the return trip thirty minutes later, I spotted Mom in the grass and stopped again. She saw me, watched me, and after a minute, crossed in front of me.



And moments later, the baby reappeared and again scoped me out, more inquisitive than afraid, until a biker came from the other direction and startled her, sending her back into the grass.



It was truly a wondrous ride!!!

No comments: