Monday, October 6, 2008

Sunset Rainbow in Fayetteville

We did a bike ride early since rain was predicted, and much of the rest of my day was spent revising web pages and transferring the pages and hundreds of photos to a new server since AOL is dumping all its members' hosted sites. As I was working, Ellen dashed into the den and breathlessly blurted, "There's a double rainbow out back!" so I grabbed my Nikon and followed her out to the patio to behold this sight... (Click to enlarge)



This photo is a merged panorama shot of what was 2 photos using Photoshop Elements. Close inspection will reveal 2 rainbows, with the outer one far less distinct but present at the 2 ends. This only the 2nd time I've seen a double, the first time being in Ouray, Colorado. I've had some people tell me they've seen triple rainbows, and that's what I'm really awaiting!

1 comment:

Goldenrod said...

I've seen lots of doubles, and a triple or two (as I'm sure you know from reading my posts), but I've never seen a sunset rainbow -- at least not like the one you photographed. Nice capture, Chuck!