Friday, September 25, 2009

Biking the Millennium Trail

It was good to bike the Millennium Trail again from my house. After five weeks of traveling to and through New England and biking nine rail-trails there, I really appreciate the convenience and beauty of "my" trail. The Loop Trail (golf cart path) off the Fort Hill Trail through the former Four Winds Golf Course is still shortened with a section closed at the two bridges, but it appears they are finally working on replacing the old structures. Maybe it will reopen soon...



My old friends the sandhill cranes welcomed me back. In fact, they were walking across the trail as I approached and watched me from about ten feet away as I took still photos and camcorder footage of their browsing for supper...



In the five weeks I was gone, most of the luscious, multicolor display of wildflowers has ebbed, but these purple beauties have emerged and were bright and prolific in several areas...


No comments: