Saturday, September 26, 2009

Worthy Quotes #25

I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.
--Susan Sontag

One can give without loving, but one cannot love without giving.
-- Amy Carmichael

Life is not a series of punishments, but a network of consequences.
--Jose Ortega Gasset

Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain.
--Lily Tomlin

Believe your beliefs and doubt your doubts.
-- F. F. Bosworth

Travel teaches toleration.
--Benjamin Disraeli

Stay close to nature, it will never fail you.
--Frank Lloyd Wright

Old age is like climbing a mountain. You climb from ledge to ledge. The higher you get, the more tired and breathless you become, but your views become more extensive.
--Ingrid Bergman

There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress.
--Mark Twain

The other night I was making love to my wife, and she said, 'Deeper, deeper." So I started quoting Nietzsche to her.
-- Dennis Miller

I didn't invent the hypothetical situation, but let's just suppose for a second that I did...
--Auggie Cook

All earthly delights are but streams. God is the ocean.
-- Jonathan Edwards

You are what you are.
--Bill Parcels

1 comment:

Goldenrod said...

LOVE the Mark Twain quote! :)