Thursday, June 12, 2008

More Worthy Quotes

Writing is like prostitution: First you do it for love, then for a few good friends, and then for money.
-- Moliere

What is the use of a house, if you haven’t got a tolerable planet to put it on?
-- Henry David Thoreau

Write injuries in sand, kindnesses in marble.
-- French Proverb

Each day affirm that there is nothing in this world that can stop you from transforming your life, opening your heart, loving yourself, and sharing your love with everyone you encounter.
-- Yogi Amrit Desai

The child said: "What are you doing? Don't you see nobody is listening? Why do you continue shouting and shouting? Why?"
And the man answered the child, "I'll tell you why. In the beginning, I was convinced that if I were to shout loud enough, they would change. Now I know they won't change. But if I shout even louder, it's because I don't want them to change me."
--Elie Wiesel

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.-- John Muir

No comments: