Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Skunk!

After giving blood Monday and oral surgery yesterday, Ellen wanted to get outdoors, so we tried a short bike ride on the Millennium Trail between rain storms (unsuccessfully as we were rained on heading back.) Last week on the trail, a couple who were walking asked if we'd run into the skunk on one section. We said no, and they said they'd encountered it and turned around to avoid it. Today, I noticed flashes of black and white, went back, and saw this...




... so naturally I got closer and it turned out to be 3 baby skunks huddling together in one ball. Neither of us had brought our cameras due to the imminent rain, so I took this photo with my iPhone camera -- no zoom and only 2 MP, so I couldn't blow it up any larger. (And I didn't want to get TOO close since mama skunk was probably nearby!)

No comments: