Thursday, August 16, 2007

Deer Heart

Linda and I met at Mom's old condo and moved another load over to her new place. After returning home, I was in dire need of some outdoor time (acute Nature deficit disorder struck again!) so I hopped on the bike and did a quick 13 miler. As I pedaled through Singing Hills Forest Preserve on the Millennium Trail, I spotted this youngster on the trail...



...so I stopped and we admired each other for several minutes. Momma doe was shyly camouflaged nearby in the tall prairie grass, but content to let her offspring and me stare at each other. When I tried to approach closer, baby sped off into the grasses, but then a few hundred yards ahead, I spotted the youngster again...



...and we repeated the mutual admiration/curiosity observation for several more minutes until I resumed my ride. Another great day in the saddle!

No comments: