Friday, March 21, 2008

Bikin' the back roads

It was another beautiful 70 degree sunny day so we biked 18+ miles, again through sub-divisions and along back roads of Fayetteville and Farmington, Arkansas. Since I've mentioned back roads several times, I thought I'd give you an idea of the sights we see on these rides, like these Longhorn cattle in a field...



... and meadows with horses...



As we biked by a shopping area, they had a traveling attraction allowing young children to ride ponies, and they also had this little guy who was so cute I had to snap his picture...



Love this weather, especially since back home in the northern suburbs of Chicago, they are getting another blizzard with 9 to 12" of additional snow. I understand they've had over 40" since I left! "Ha," I say, but not too vociferously because in 2 weeks I head back home and am fearful their rough winter weather might not yet be finished.

No comments: