Sunday, November 2, 2008

Church Signs #7


In my driving trips across all 50 states, I often spot clever, amusing, and thought-provoking signs in front of churches of all denominations, and long ago I began jotting them down. I'll gradually post them here for your entertainment and edification.


1. The cross is more than something worn around the neck.
2. Trust and obey. There is no other way.
3. Why worry when you can pray?
4. Come on in. We’re prayer conditioned.
5. Soul food served here.
6. When life gets hard, pray harder.
7. Worry ends where faith begins.
8. Make Thanksgiving into thanks living.
9. Born in a manger – preparing us a mansion.
10. If you don’t have Christmas in your heart, you won’t find it under a tree.
11. We can come to Jesus because He came to us.
12. Christ is the biggest part of Christmas.
13. Life offers new changes. Jesus offers a new life.
14. Heaven: No pain, all gain.
15. Open your heart to God’s open arms.

1 comment:

Goldenrod said...

Whenever I have seen unique church signs over the years that really captured my attention, I thought, "I really should write this one down." I never did, of course. Am looking forward to reading some more that you have gleaned. And, if I can remember even one, I'll share it with you in a comment.