Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hiking in Singing Hills

Most days, I get outdoors to bike, hike, or paddle. I don't make a blog post for every such occasion (though it may seem so to regular visitors) but rather only on days something noteworthy occurs. Today I hiked into Singing Hills Forest Preserve which borders our community, exploring the land added to the preserve this year, and I located the survey posts designating the property lines of the new additions (called "parcel 7.") The preserve now abuts Stone Orchard Golf Course's entire western edge.



I then continued over to my loop trail and did a bit of lopping and placed flagging on the last segment, making it easier to follow the trail around its entire loop. For only the third time in 4 years, I saw a deer. For years, this area was a licensed hunting preserve, so the deer remaining here are quite skittish, but at least I didn't hear any shotgun blasts as I did last week.

No comments: