Friday, January 9, 2009

Snowy Lakewood Hike

Traffic was snarled and driving times protracted, but the woods were adorned with a new 3 inch layer of pristine beauty, so Len and Marlene, Dave and Patti, and Carol and I ventured out and hiked 4 miles in 90 minutes.



The 30+ deer we saw blended into the scenery even better than usual with the white snow covering their torsos, and the ice hiding below the fluffy snow made for slippery walking at times, but the awesome eye-candy made it all worthwhile, as did the following sumptuous meal at Walker Brothers.

Today's "snow event" which is predicted to be 9" by tomorrow morning is the 20th snowfall this winter - double the usual by this time. In that respect, I'm glad this was my final hike with the group, as I head south for the next 4 months. Check back here for photos of our exploits as Ellen and I cruise the Caribbean, and hike and bike and paddle in Florida.

No comments: