Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Fremd Retirement Fete!

Tonight was the annual party at Trackside of Arlington Park to honor the retiring Fremd High School faculty and staff -- 19 of them this year! Three of my English Department colleagues were among the retirees -- Kevin, Henry, and Jim.

Many other retirees always come back for this party and it is wonderful seeing all my former colleagues again. After you work with people five days a week for three decades, and then retire, it is fun to reconnect every so often, and catch up on what all are up to, how their families are doing, and to rehash old memories.




The photo above shows Antonette and Gary with me. I served as chair of the English Department my final nine years and then Gary assumed the helm. After six years, he has decided to step down to spend more time with his young family, and his replacement will be Antonette. The only Fremd English chair missing from the photo is Helen who served for over 20 years.

No comments: