Sunday, June 24, 2007

Hey Hey! Holy Mackerel! No Doubt About It...

The Cubs are on their way! -- or so go the lyrics of one of the Cubs' songs. Well, this year they are an elevator team -- up and down, up and down, just like the stock market -- with the exception that the Cubs are down more than up for the year.



Yet this weekend they swept all three games from the White Sox, and this year took 5 of 6 from them. Too bad we won't play them any more this season. Realistically, we're going to have to "wait until next year" (as I've been forced to say for my entire life) before we might be able to say we're World Champs. But for this year, at least we're Chicago Champs! (Sorry, Kasia!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your son was very rude to me after game 3 of the weekend series, making all kinds of not-so-veiled comments that had to do with sweeping, proving that he may not have remembered childhood lessons of sportsmanship. I rose above the situation while I was with him, but later, I just lay at home in the dark, crying and cradling my replica White Sox World Series trophy.